I learned that fabric choice affects fit and drape.
I took a basic T-shirt pattern, Vogue #8636 and made it up in three different ways.
The first T-shirt I made was out of a black ponte (rayon, polyester, lycra) and black stretch lace for the sleeves. The stretch lace is probably nylon, lycra; but it had a nice cottony feel.
The second T-shirt was made out of a substantial cotton/lycra navy and cream striped knit.
I made the third T-shirt out of a tissue knit, probably a rayon/lycra knit.
I didn’t expect fabric choice would affect the fit as much as it did. In my opinion the black ponte was not a great choice. It was too rigid. The cotton stripe has some drape and the tissue knit has too much drape.
I need more shaping to accommodate a full bust. Even in a T-shirt, I get ripples or pulls at the bust line. I applied a vertical full bust adjustment (FBA). It worked a little on this T-shirt pattern. Of the three makes I wear the tissue knit top the most because it pulls the least. I may still tweak the Breton look T-shirt for a better fit, because I love the fabric and the stripes.
If I were to recommend a T-shirt pattern, it would be the Renfrew T-shirt pattern by Sewaholic. I applied a vertical full bust adjustment (FBA) with better results.
This is a brief explanation of a vertical FBA. I slice the front pattern piece horizontally at the level of the bust point. Then I add length evenly across the pattern piece. I usually add about 1″.