This camp runs for 1 week (Monday to Friday) from 10 am – 4 pm.
Camp fee is $375~ plus a $75~ materials fee (includes materials for belt, passport case and iPad case, as well as the key fab and wallet. Some additional materials will need to be purchased such as canvas and personal project materials)
Click the dates below to register online
- August 31st – September 4th, 2015 (Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm)
- October 19th – October 23rd, 2015 (Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm)
- November 16th – November 20th (Monday to Friday 10am -4pm)
Day One: Leather Belts and iPhone/iPad Cases
- Identifying different weights of leather
- Working with Vegetable Tanned leather
- Using the strap cutter and the billet cutter
- Bevelling and finishing edges
- Dying leather
- Using the skiving knife
- Installing rivets using the press
- Attaching buckles and punching holes
- Belt Making Supplies (all supplies are provided)
- Vegetable Tanned leather (10oz.)
- Leather Dye
- Skiving Knife, Bevelling Tools
- Leather Polish
* If you have taken a Leather Fundamentals class before, you can substitute working on a stamping sample or a more complex leather belt project – please email us to discuss options before camp starts!
Leather iPhone or iPad Case
- Practice cutting leather
- Practice using the walking foot
- Installing snaps and other metal closures using the press
- Practice finishing leather edges
- iPhone/iPad Case supplies (all supplies are provided)
- matching polyester thread
- Marking Tools
Day Two: Leather Field Trip
- Guided Tour of the Garment District with a focus on leather and hardware suppliers
- Learn how to shop for leather hides, leather tools and interlinings, closures and machine attachments.
Day Three: Leather Key Fob and Leather Tote Bag
- Put your new leather skills to good use, and practise using the strap cutter, stamping tools and our rivet press!
- Once you’re finished with your Key Fob (in less than two hours!) we’ll start to cut our your next project, a Leather Tote Bag!
***Class registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel you class, you can use your credit towards a different class date or towards materials from our retail space. There is a $35~ fee for classes cancelled or changed with less than 7 days notice from your registered start date.