The Make Den is headed for Nicaragua, April 2017 and we want you to come! Take a break from the hustle of everyday life and treat yourself to a beach-side, purposeful retreat to feed your creative soul. If you want to make things, make change, or just want to make more goodness in your life, this retreat is for you. Here’s some info to get you dreaming 😉
Work with your HEAD… We will practice the art of mindfulness through a daily yoga practice (no experience necessary!), expanding our bodies and minds to their fullest and therefore allowing us to create more goodness for ourselves and the world around us. When we gather with others who are CRAFTING meaningful lives we discover what is possible.
Work with your HEART… Our host hotel El Coco Loco Resort has a registered Canadian non-profit Waves of Hope. There will be opportunities to get involved with the local community such as an interactive skills exchange workshop with a small group of local artisans or arts & crafts with kids in the community.
Work with your HANDS… You knew this was coming, as no Make Den retreat is complete without getting craft-y. Along with our daily yoga, we will get our daily creativity on with projects & workshops lead by Irene Stickney. Want to make your own pair of leather sandals, anyone?
YOUR HOSTS: Make Den Owner Irene Stickney will get you making……. Former Make Den Student, Christine Orton will lead you through two ocean-view yoga classes daily. All classes are optional, of course – we are just as happy if you decide to read a book in a hammock or swim in the ocean! A Torontonian, Christine is stoked for you to come and play on the beaches of Northern Nicaragua which she now calls home. El Coco Loco Resort will be your home for the week! Learn more about this eco-resort here: www.elcocolocoresort.com
DATES: April 15 – April 22, 2017 Your Retreat Package includes:
* 7 night shared accommodation in the Coco Loco beach house or eco-friendly cabana.
* Transportation to/from Managua International Airport to El Coco Loco Resort.
* All meals: Vegetarian options always available. Appetizers and desserts every night 😉
* All non-alcoholic beverages: daily fresh juices, coffee, tea, water. Alcoholic beverages for purchase.
* Daily Maker Workshop: Sandal making (All materials included in price). We will create a pair of custom leather sandals that reflect your style.
* Daily Yoga: Morning and sunset sessions. Strong/energizing as well as slow flow/restorative styles
* Group surf lesson. Includes local surf instructors and board rental.
* ‘Bean to Bar’ chocolate-making workshop.
* Opportunity to get involved with El Coco Loco’s non-profit organization, Waves of Hope.
Other available activities: massages, additional surf lessons, beach sunset horseback riding, volcano boarding, night volcano hike, SUP estuary tour, day trip into the city of Leon.
PRICE: Starts at $1495 USD!
Cabanas – Early Bird Pricing (Before Feb 20)
$1495 USD Double Occupancy ($1595 USD after Feb 20)
$1995 USD Private Cabana ($2095 USD after Feb 20)
Beach House – Early Bird Pricing (Before Feb 20)
$1595 USD Double Occupancy ($1695 USD after Feb 20)
$2095 USD Private Room ($2195 USD after Feb 20)
$500 USD non-refundable deposit required to reserve your spot.
Full payment due April 1, 2017.
Reserve your space with a deposit
Get in touch to book or ask us anything! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you MAKIN’ it or what?!