Did you have lots of FUN in our Sewing Fundamentals class, but not sure where your sewing adventures will take you next?
Fundamentals 2 will build on your fundamental skills, give you an introduction to garment construction and some fun new projects to take home! Projects include a coffee cup cozy; simple shoulder / tote bag; and an apron! Fundamentals 2 is a two-hour class, and is 4 weeks long.
Class Fee: 160 + HST (materials not included)
Techniques: sewing with woven fabrics, buttons and buttonholes, lining, top-stitching, pleats, simple pockets and more!
(bring your own or purchase at the studio)
For the Coffee Cup Cozy you will need:
- 1/4 y of woven cotton, linen or wool (or fabric scraps from your pillow!) for the exterior
- 1/4y of woven cotton, linen or wool (or fabric scraps from your pillow!) for the lining.
- 1 button
- optional yarn, ribbon or cording for the closure (or skip the yarn and learn to make a button hole instead!)
For the Lined Tote Bag you’ll need:
- 1y of stable woven cotton for the exterior
- 1y of stable woven cotton for the lining
For the Apron you’ll need:
- 3/4y woven cotton for the apron skirt.
- 1/4y fusible interfacing for the waistband (available for sale at the studio)
- 1/2y of contrast fabric (woven cotton) for the pocket, waistband and ties.
***Class registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel you class, you can use your credit towards a different class date or towards materials from our retail space. There is a $35~ fee for classes cancelled or changed with less than 7 days notice from your registered start date.