So you’ve mastered Sewing Fundamentals 1 & 2? Time to put that brand spanking new sewing savvy to good use! Let’s make a cute pair of pyjama shorts (or pants) that you can gift to your girlfriends, boyfriends or wear yourself! Once you’ve mastered the art of making boxer briefs, let’s try a woven tank top – create a whole new wardrobe!
Class Fee: $160 + HST (materials not included)
* All materials are available for sale at the studio.
Class One: Pyjama Pants/Shorts
- Practice your French Seaming
- Learn how to assemble a pair of pants/shorts
- Pyjama Shorts/ Pants Supplies:
- 3 yds of woven cotton or flannel fabric (45″ wide) for pants or 1.5 yd for the boxer shorts
- 2 yds of 1″ elastic
Class Two: Finish your Pyjama Pants/Shorts!
- Hemming pants
- Inserting an elastic waistband
Class Three: Woven Tank Top with Bias Binding
- Find out our trick that makes sewing a 1/4″ hem on a curved edge a cinch.
- Learn how to sew a mock flat felled seam
- Woven Tank Top Supplies:
- 1 1/4 – 2 yds of med/lightweight woven cotton voile or double gauze for the body of the tank (appropriate fabrics will be discussed in the first class – amount of fabric is dependant on sizing). We suggest not buying your fabric until you have tried on one of our samples for sizing.
- 1/2 yd of contrasting woven cotton for the bias tape (optional)
Class Four: Finish your Woven Tank Top
- Learn how to make and sew your own bias tape to finish the armholes and neckline of your top
***Class registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel you class, you can use your credit towards a different class date or towards materials from our retail space. There is a $35~ fee for classes cancelled or changed with less than 7 days notice from your registered start date.