It’s time to ruffle your gym buddy’s feathers with this DIY Duffle! Travel in fashion with this riffle in your arsenal!
Just toss in your gym shoes and go! Then throw in your water bottle, your laptop and your kitchen sink! There’s room for them all in this versatile overnight bag!
Take it with you to the gym, work or on vacation … or to the bank … wait, no, don’t do that!
Duffle Bag Features:
Detachable shoulder straps and the sides/straps, inside and outside pocket for all your extras, comfy padded handles, rivets for extra reinforcement on all the straps. Look chic in your handmade new travel bag – you’ll have room for all of your sewing supplies as well!
This course runs 6 weeks and each class is 2hrs.
Course fee is $220 + HST (materials not included)
***Students must have sewing experience to take this class. If you aren’t confident sewing straight seams and working with zippers, please check out our awesome Sewing Fundamentals 1 or Sewing Fundamentals 2 classes!
materials not included in class fee
*For the first class you’ll need all materials EXCEPT hardware so if you have questions about hardware, we can discuss during the first class. See below for where to purchase the materials. (MATERIALS NOT INCLUDED IN CLASS FEE)
- 1 yard of medium weight canvas for the exterior (we have a selection of printed canvas at our Bloordale studio, we also recommend Ikea and King Textiles for printed canvas).
- 1 yards fusible fleece (available for purchase at The Make Den)
- 1 yard quilting cotton fabric for the lining (available for sale at The Make Den)
HANDLES + SHOULDER STRAP:
- 5 yards 2″ wide poly or cotton webbing (at Leather Sewing + Supply Depot or King Textiles)
- 2x 2″ wide D-rings
- 2x 2″ wide swivel hooks
- 1x 2″ slider
- 4x 2″ rectangular metal rings
- 1 x 16″ metal NON-separating zipper
all available at The Make Den or Leather Supply Depot
***Class registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel you class, you can use your credit towards a different class date or towards materials from our retail space. There is a $35~ fee for classes cancelled or changed with less than 7 days notice from your registered start date.