We love introducing kids and teens to the world of sewing! It strengthens focus, fine motor skills, and hand-eye co-ordination. It is also creative, exciting and empowering to create an item from scratch that you would normally buy in a store.
We have very friendly sewing machines ( Janome 625E’s to be exact) that make learning to sew FUN!
Kids process information differently at various age groups and we’ve found that certain age groups respond better to specific teaching stylers.
Kids Class dates are currently scheduled by request only. Please email us at email@example.com if you have a group of between 3-6 students and would like to book a class.
This course runs 4 weeks and each class is 2hrs.
Course fee is $180, plus a Materials Fee of $40 which will be owing upon first class.
Class One: The Basics / Felt Pincushion
- Learn about the tools involved in sewing
- Practice pinning, cutting, threading a needle and hand sewing
- Use your new found skills to make a felt Pincushion
Class Two: Sewing Machine / Start your Quilt
- Learn how to thread a sewing machine and practice sewing
- Choose fabric for Quilt and layout design
- Begin sewing your quilt top
Class Three: Quilt
- Finish Sewing Quilt Top
- Choose fabric for Quilt backing and begin putting all three layers together
Class Four: Finish your Quilt
- Learn to quilt with both the walking foot and the free motion foot
- Take home your custom Quilt!
** We do not offer Make-Up classes for Kids classes. Please try to be sure your child is able to attend all class dates.
***Class registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel you class, you can use your credit towards a different class date or towards materials from our retail space. There is a $35~ fee for classes cancelled or changed with less than 7 days notice from your registered start date.