We love introducing kids and teens to the world of sewing! It strengthens focus, fine motor skills, and hand-eye co-ordination. It is also creative, exciting and empowering to create an item from scratch that you would normally buy in a store.
We have very friendly sewing machines ( Janome 625E’s to be exact) that make learning to sew FUN!
Kids process information differently at various age groups and we’ve found that certain age groups respond better to specific teaching styles.
Youth Class dates are currently scheduled by request only. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a group of between 3-6 students and would like to book a class.
This course runs 4 weeks and each class is 2hrs.
Course fee is $180, plus a Materials Fee of $30 which will be owing upon first class.
Class One: The Basics
- Learn about the tools involved in sewing
- Learn to thread up and use a sewing machine
- Practice Sewing
- Make a Headband!
Class Two: Envelope Style Pillow
- Learn how to work with patterns, hem and finish raw edges
- Make a Pillow!
Class Three: Drawstring Backpack
- Learn to insert a drawstring, edge stitch and use the grommet press
- Make a Backpack!
Class Four: Zippered Pouch
- Learn to insert a zipper with a zipper foot,
- Learn when and how to use fusible interfacing
- Make a Zippered Pouch (and take it home in your drawstring backpack)!
** We do not offer Make-Up classes for Youth classes. Please try to be sure your child/teen is able to attend all class dates.
***Class registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel you class, you can use your credit towards a different class date or towards materials from our retail space. There is a $35~ fee for classes cancelled or changed with less than 7 days notice from your registered start date.