Are you the next Willie Neslon, Dolly Parton or even Slash? You probably need a hand made guitar strap to get you started! In this 2 week workshops students will create an adjustable guitar strap from scratch. Students will have the opportunity to stamp and dye their guitar strap, customizing it to suit their personal rock and roll vibe.
***This is a beginner workshop, no prior leather experience necessary!
This is a 2 week workshop, each class is 2hrs.
Course fee is $90 plus a $49 materials fee (All leather, dye, polish are included for this class!) Total = $139 + HST
****PLEASE NOTE: Leather materials fees will not be charged during online registration. All materials fee’s will be owed upon checkin for your first class.
- Cut out your leather guitar strap / learn to use multiple leather cutting tools
- Round strap edges using bevelling and burnishing tools
- Custom stamp your guitar strap using stamps available at the studio
- Punch oblong hole for buckle
- Dye your guitar strap
- Oil your guitar strap
- Apply conditioners and finishes
- Burnish flesh side with Gum Tragacanth
- Punching all remaining holes
- Rivet pieces together
- Finishing strap edges
- Rock and Roll!
***Class registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel you class, you can use your credit towards a different class date or towards materials from our retail space. There is a $35~ fee for classes cancelled or changed with less than 7 days notice from your registered start date.