We put up some bunting banners in our new studio and in no time, the requests started coming in for a bunting workshop! Buntings are everywhere these days, and for good reason: they are the perfect addition to your baby / child’s bedroom, wedding decor, or outdoor fete!
This is the ultimate beginner workshop, and takes only 3 hours to complete – how satisfying! Simple applique motifs can be added to your flags for those looking for an additional challenge.
This workshop is one day only, 3 hours long.
Class Fee: $55 + HST.
* $15 (optional) materials fee, or purchase your own materials using the list below.
Click here to view upcoming dates and register online
- for flags: a variety of quilting cottons, medium-weight woven fabrics, scraps and/or up-cycled (non-stretch) clothing in coordinating colours! We have a small selection of coordinating fabrics at the studio – come early to check out our stash!
- for binding: 1/4 – 1/2 yard of quilting cotton, or woven (non-stretch) medium weight fabric in cotton or cotton blend.
- for applique (optional): some “fusible web” to transfer the design onto fabric and some templates or drawings of your desired applique motif.
- thread to match (we recommend the Gutermann brand and we sell it in a range of colours at the studio
- a disappearing fabric pen, tailors chalk or a chalk pencil
Techniques: sewing a seam, turning and trimming corners, making a binding, applique (optional).
Upcoming Dates & Online Registration: