Learn to free motion your own quilting projects with a series of tips and tricks from our expert quilting instructor. This hands-on workshop will include plenty of time for you to practice your skills on our machines, and try out the suggested designs.
Students will need 2 fat quarters and batting cut to a similar size. Fabric and batting are available for purchase at the studio. Please plan to come a few minutes early, if you need to purchase supplies.
- Preparing your sewing space for maximum success
- Appropriate machine thread and needle combinations
- Tips to your timing/ hand movements
- Suggestions for correcting tension issues
- Free-motion filler patterns
- Planning out a plan of attack for your quilt
This is a 2 hour workshop. Beginner quilters are welcome, but if you have not quilted before we recommend taking our Intro to Quilting class first.
Course fee is $55+HST and includes a large spool of 50 weight Aurifil thread, and a package of quilting needles.
***Workshop registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel you workshop, you can use your credit towards a different workshop date or towards materials from our retail space. There is a $35~ fee for workshops cancelled or changed with less than 7 days notice from your registered date.