Do you want to make the perfect handmade gift for Valentines Day this year? Keep your lover’s digits cozy with a toasty pair of upcycled sweater mittens! Or show yourself some love and make them for yourself! Come out to our Winter Workshop and make some super cute “upcycled” sweater mittens for everyone on your list! We have pattern templates for women’s, men’s and kid’s standard sizes.
We’ll be using a perfected pattern by You Make it Simple, which comes in multiple sizes for men, women and kids. We’ll also supply a pile of vintage / recycled sweaters so you can mix and match to your heart’s content! You can also try incorporating a fancy up-cycled leather palm into your mittens! Feel free to bring your own sweater cast-offs to add to the mix – the more the merrier!
This is a 3-hour workshop. Beginners are welcome, but if you’ve never sewn before, we recommend you take our Sewing Fundamentals class to start.
Workshop Dates for 2015:
- Saturday December 19th, 12pm – 3pm (Leslieville Location)
- Sunday December 20th, 10am – 1pm (Bloordale Location)
Workshop Fee: $55 plus $15 for supplies (+HST)
Click here for more information and to register online.
Your $15 supply fee includes:
- YouMakeItSimple’s upcycled mitten pattern, in a variety of sizes
- free reign of our stash of upcycled sweaters and a small selection of upcycled leather – the colour combination possibilities are endless!
- fleece to line your mittens
- thread and all other supplies
Photo Credit to Lindsay King from Iskwe Couture