Getting to know your Janome
When delving into the world of sewing, there is so much to learn. Don’t be daunted! Get to know all the “ins and outs” of the sewing machine in this 3 hour workshop and leave with a sense of confidence, ready to tackle your next project.
- Threading and bobbin winding review
- Tension: How to adjust your tension for different fabrics and what to look for to get it just right
- Specialty Stitches: Decorative and functional, a run down of all the machine settings
- Needles: Different needles and when to use them
- Specialty Threads: What threads work well in a domestic machine and when to use specialty threads
- Machine Attachments: When to use different presser feet and how they work (this will include all feet that come with the Janome 625E as well as specialty feet you can purchase for your machine)
- Basic Troubleshooting and Maintenance: How to keep your machine running at its best and and what to check before getting it tuned up.
In this workshop we will be working with the Janome Sewist 625E. What you learn in this workshop will be transferable to other machines, but we do ask that students do not bring their own machines to class.
***Workshop registration fees are non-refundable. If you need to cancel you workshop, you can use your credit towards a different workshop date or towards materials from our retail space. There is a $35~ fee for workshops cancelled or changed with less than 7 days notice from your registered date.